Monday, May 17, 2010
1. Type 1diabetes and Type2 diabetes are two different diseases.
2. Giving children candy does not equal love.
3. No, she didn't get diabetes from eating too much sugar.
4. Yes, it is genetic even though we haven't quite figured that out for our family yet.
5. Yes, she can do it (whatever "it" may be).
6. Sugar Free candy doesn't help and is actually a big lie because it has sugar alcohols, so please stop buying it for her.
7. Please don't buy her artificially sweetened products. You may not agree with my reasoning for this, but please respect that we try to avoid them for our kids!
8. For one particular person, I would like you to know that they probably stopped calling diabetes "the sugar" in the 1930's. Please follow suit.
Sorry for coming across as annoyed today, but I am. For the most part people mean well and I know that . I try very hard to be patient and polite, so that's why I am venting here and not to the people who are offenders of the above mentioned annoyances. I thought this would be a good place to get it off my chest. So although today I feel like hanging the above mentioned sign around my neck, the sign below makes me much happier!